6.01.2010

Dream: "Lost" and Found

This dream occurred 2 nights ago (5/30).  In the dream I'm walking through some kind of public place, either a hotel lobby or a mall, and there is some kind of counter with a woman standing behind it, attending it.

I walk up to the counter and get her attention, and it's my fiancée, except, she has no idea who I am and I cannot say that I had met her before.  I get this overwhelming sense that I should speak to her, and so I do - and as we chat, I further get the distinct sense that I should ask her out on a date, and so I do.  At first, she doesn't seem very interested - the details are fuzzy but she may have even mentioned already having a boyfriend - but at some point I am struck with a light, a flood of memories that rushes through me, drowning out everything around me in a vision.

After a rapid flash strobe of images - I "come to", still standing there, and she's looking at me oddly. I tell her we really need to try and see each other, she asks me "Why? Why are you so sure?" - and from the vision I begin to recount: "Because in another universe, right now, we are together - we're happy - we have 2 beautiful Great Danes, a beautiful house, and every day we make each other laugh and feel loved and complete and - knowing all of these things -  how can I not try?".

I believe it had some effect; as about halfway through when I mentioned the dogs a tear rolled down her cheek as if she was listening to something that was familiar within her - but sadly I was not able to get her official response / reaction as I was woken up by, coincidentally enough, my fiancée.

The dream was not unlike the sensation that the characters felt off the island at the end of Lost as they "rediscovered" their memories - and likely had an influence in the stylization of my dream - but in another sense, if you subscribe to the multi-verse theory, perhaps Jet-Li was onto something in the movie "The One" where, if, somehow, you can change your persona's in these other universes and have it alter the sum of the whole of all your instances across all of them.  Except in this case- I'm not really looking to "kill" the other versions of me so I can become stronger in my universe... instead I'm wondering what would happen if all versions of me embarked on the same quest to discover the same soul-mate, the same spirit that, in my universe, takes the shape and name of Andi?

No comments:

Post a Comment